Richmond v. Channa, 2014 BCSC 1764. As counsel for the plaintiff, Almira Esmail prosecuted an action against the driver who entered an intersection without stopping and collided with her client’s vehicle, as well as the construction company that had temporarily enclosed and obscured that driver’s stop sign, putting a flag person’s paddle on the construction fencing in its place.

After a 4-day liability trial, Mr. Justice Skolrood held that the construction company was 75% liable as the temporary stop sign was wholly inadequate; and the other driver was 25% liable for failing to keep a proper lookout and adjusting her driving to take into account obvious construction conditions. No liability was found on the part of Almira’s client.

  • Almira




Up Next...

Stalzer v. Nagai

Stalzer v. Nagai, 2014 BCSC 1388. Trial counsel for the defendant in an action resulting in the dismissal of a cyclist’s claim against the defendant driver.

JURISDICTION: British Columbia LEVEL OF COURT: Supreme Court of British Columbia
View Details