604 899 5209
* Practising through a Law Corporation
Additional Contact Info
- FAX 604 899 5216
- Sophia Stone
- TEL604 899 5211
- BA, University of Toronto (1973)
- BA (Law), University of Cambridge (1979)
- LLB, Dalhousie University (1980)
- BA, Simon Fraser University (1994)
- LLB, University of British Columbia (1997)
- British Columbia, 1981
David Camp is a lawyer with a background in corporate, environmental, and real estate law. His primary areas of practice are indigenous law and aboriginal negotiations.
David is a dedicated lawyer who is committed to providing his clients with strategic and effective advice. He advises resource companies, Crown ministries, Crown corporations, developers, financial institutions, utilities, and railway and pipeline companies on environmental approvals, impact benefit agreements, treaty issues, rights of way, and consultation issues involving projects within traditional territories.
In his many decades of legal practice, David has advised clients on indigenous issues relating to major LNG projects, port expansions, hydroelectric projects, transmission and distribution facilities, mining, pipeline, and oil and gas projects, and residential developments on reserve land and in traditional territories.
David has been recognized in Chambers Canada as one of ‘’Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Aboriginal Law’’ for the last eight years in a row. Furthermore, he has been recognized for a number of years in the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory in the area of Indigenous Law, and in The Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of Aboriginal Law. He was also recognized in the 2022 edition of Lexpert Special Edition: Energy.
- Recognized in the 2023 (and since 2016) edition of Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Aboriginal Law).
- Recognized in the 2022 (and since 2013) editions of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Indigenous Law).
- Recognized in the 2022, 2021, 2019 (and since 2014) editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Aboriginal Law).
- Recognized in the 2022 (and since 2020) edition of Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Aboriginal Law).
- Recognized as a leading Canadian lawyer in the 2020 (and since 2015) Lexpert®/Report on Business Special Edition on Global Mining.
- Recognized in the 2022 edition of Lexpert Special Edition: Energy.