Additional Contact Info
- FAX 778 754 0287
- West Kelowna
- Elizabeth Olle
- TEL778 754 0285
- Masters of Law, London School of Economics, London, UK (2018)
- Bachelor of Laws LLB (J.D.), Cum Laude, University of Ottawa (1992)
- Bachelor of Arts (French and Canadian Studies), University of Calgary (1987)
- Internship International Court of Arbitration ICC (World Business Organization), Paris, France (1995)
- Certificate of Studies, Sorbonne, Paris, France (1984)
- LSBC December 1993
Cheri Dawn Eklund has been helping clients through legal disputes for over 25 years. The primary focus of her current practice is the resolution of insurance disputes through mutual agreement, mediation, or the trial process (Supreme Court).
She also has experience before Administrative Tribunals in the employment sector (considered investigation details, appeared before disciplinary panels on harassment and a broad range of other types of alleged misconduct). Cheri has years of experience as a Level I Grievance Adjudicator appointed to render final and binding decisions. Historically she Adjudicated general business disputes at which she considered witness evidence, legal issues and rendered arbitration awards.
From 1997 to 2014 Cheri was employed by the Government of Canada (RCMP). She represented Members at disciplinary hearings before being appointed by the Commissioner of the RCMP as Grievance Adjudicator Level I. She has many years of trial experience (primarily as Defense Counsel). She is very familiar with procedural rules applicable to BC Supreme Court litigation as well as commercial arbitration procedures before the International Court of Arbitration ICC Paris, France. She is presently a Senior Member of the BC Defense Bar having appeared in Judge alone and Jury trial matters.
Cheri assists client with timely legal advice. To her details are important. She has a strong academic background and is bilingual English/French. She has a B.A. from the University of Calgary, and LLB (J.D.) cum laude from the University of Ottawa. With this background it was a natural step for her to purse a Masters of Law. She was honored to be admitted to London School of Economics Executive (ELLM) programme (U.K.) from which she graduated in 2018. Data Privacy, Media Law and Defamation Law courses were of particular interest to her while at the LSE.
Cheri is passionate about her work and is community minded. Cheri believes in giving back to the Community.
She has served on the Board of Directors of the following organizations:
- North Shore Connextions Society (supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities)
- Financial Planners Standards Council (Public Director)
- ADR Institute of Canada
- BC Arbitration and mediation Institute.