We are looking for a Paralegal with a minimum of 2 years’ litigation experience to join our team, working in the areas of insurance defence, commercial litigation, construction, surety and warrant and personal injury.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Under the supervision and guidance of a lawyer develops the ability to:
- Draft legal documents of a more complex and legal nature such as Pleadings, Chronologies and List of Documents.
- Liaise with clients, adjusters, defence counsel and experts for all types of requests.
- Review files to gather information, identify issues and proactively manages the file so those issues are dealt with and the files are up to date.
- Maintain a basic understanding of legal procedures such as Acts, Rules, Regulations, etc. within the area of Litigation, specifically Personal Injury Litigation, and keeps up to date on changes to ensure changes are made to internal precedents and procedures.
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience tracking time and billing through ICBC.
- Solid understanding of legal procedures and documentation.
- Excellent written composition, spelling, grammar, and editing skills.
- Strong multitasking skills and a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The desire to work in a team environment, but also thrive as an independent worker.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional aptitude for software and systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Organizing and maintaining client files.
- Drafting correspondence.
- Drafting Pleadings, Lists of Documents and other documents.
- Two + years of experience working in a personal injury firm.
- A degree, certificate, or diploma from a recognized Paralegal program, law program, or similar.
We offer competitive salaries and our employees are eligible for our benefits package which includes MSP, dental and extended health benefits as well as a fitness subsidy.
Andrea Savory Russell
Eyford Partners LLP
1744 – 1055 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, BC, V7X 1L2
We appreciate your interest and application. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Eyford Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, colour, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal or provincial laws and ordinances.
Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.