We are looking for a Legal Assistant with a minimum of 3 year litigation experience to join our team, working in the areas of insurance defence, commercial litigation and personal injury litigation.
We are looking for a team player who is hard-working, motivated and looking for a chance to utilize their legal administrative assistant skills. You must have strong organizational skills and be comfortable with a high level of responsibility. The position would be working with three paralegals.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Draft legal documents and correspondence from standard precedents (e.g. appointments, notices of CPC and requisitions).
- Assist Paralegals with BF system re: limitation dates and follow-up actions.
- Assist Paralegals with incoming and outgoing mail and resulting responses and action items (including email).
- Liaise with clients, experts, opposing counsel, witnesses and adjusters for simple requests.
- Maintain a basic understanding of legal procedures such as Acts, Rules, Regulations, etc. within the areas of litigation and specifically Personal Injury Litigation, and within the scope of their role. Keeps up to date on changes.
- Perform general administrative tasks including file management (opening/closing of files, filing, etc.).
- High School Graduate.
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant Program (e.g. Capilano College or Vancouver College).
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a LAA.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
We offer competitive salaries and our employees are eligible for our benefits package which includes MSP, dental and extended health benefits as well as a fitness subsidy.
Eyford Partners LLP
1744 – 1055 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, BC, V7X 1L2
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.