Eyford Partners is looking for a Legal Assistant with litigation experience to join our team.
We are looking for a team player who is hard-working, self-motivated and is looking for a chance to utilize their legal administrative skills as an integral part of the team. The successful candidate must be highly organized, have a keen eye for detail and be comfortable with a high level of responsibility.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Draft legal documents and correspondence from standard precedents (e.g. appointments, notices of CPC and requisitions).
- Assist with BF system re: limitation dates and follow-up actions.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail and resulting responses and action items.
- Liaise with clients, experts, opposing counsel, witnesses and adjusters.
- Maintain and exercise a basic understanding of legal procedures such as Acts, Rules, Regulations, etc. within the areas of litigation and specifically Personal Injury Litigation, and within the scope of their role.
- Continual learning and keeping up to date on changes.
- Perform general administrative tasks including file management (opening/closing of files, filing, etc.).
- 1+ years of experience legal experience, preferably litigation.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communicator and team-minded (we can’t do it alone!)
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- A graduate from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant Program (e.g. CapU, VCC).
Eyford Partners offers competitive salaries and our employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package which includes, extended health and dental benefits, fitness and learning and development subsidies.
Andrea Savory Russell
Eyford Partners LLP
1744 – 1055 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, BC, V7X 1L2
We appreciate your interest and application. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Eyford Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, colour, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal or provincial laws and ordinances.
Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.